Senior Research Tech- Levine Cancer Institute - Molecular Target Therapeutics Lab
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 827041
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011036639032-Molecular Target Therapy - LCI
Location: LCI - 1021 Morehead Medical Dr
Implements the research agenda of the Levine Cancer Institute Molecular Targeted Therapeutics Laboratory. Anticipates project needs and implements activities in support of ongoing research studies.
- Independently perform drug dosing via oral gavaging, IP and IV injections, bone marrow extraction/transplantation: using ultrasound and IVIS luminescence to track tumor progression and druge efficacy. (E)
- Independently implant primary and established cell lines orthotopically (brains, lungs, pancreas, adrenal gland), subcutaneously, and via tail vein injections, and handle mouse tumors including measurements, tumor resection, and preparation for downstream application (FACS, Western blot, RNA isolation, tissue fixation, sectioning, immunohistochemistry.) (E)
- Maintain, breed, PCR genotyping, and organize the entire lab large transgenic mouse colony (more than 250 caes daily). (E)
- Perform tissue culture and viochemical and molecular biological experiments including Western blot and RT PCR experiments.
- Coordinate experiments with laboratory animals; amend and renew protocols, transfers, and related documents with Atrium Health’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Monitor general lab inventory, organizing and ordering supplies to maintain stock.
- Train students and new lab members in basic lab techniques and experimental design.
- Assists with participant recruitment.
- Provides information about the study to participants, reviews consent forms and obtains informed consent.
- Schedules participants for testing sessions.
- Administers tests to participants.
- Tracks and contacts participants for scheduled follow-up tests.
- Enters data and maintains database.
- Completes and maintains all the necessary paperwork.
- Manages research encounters adhering to specific protocols and good clinical practices.
- Communicates appropriately with patients: portrays study procedures and related risks and benefits utilizing faculty investigator as appropriate.
Additional Essential Functions
- Assists with laboratory experiments.
- Prepares and processes samples, conducts tests and analyses, logs and reports results.
- Performs quality control tests on laboratory equipment, assists with calibrating and routine maintenance.
- Manages research projects adhering to specific protocols and good laboratory science practices.
- Communicates appropriately with research teammates and faculty investigator.
Works in both clinic and office setting. Extended periods while sitting. Must have ability to work rapidly and steadily for long periods. Must be facile in clinical environment and possess necessary sight, hearing, smell, touch, and manual dexterity for such work. Must have own transportation to visit off campus locations when necessary.
Additional Physical Requirements
• Must be facile in laboratory environment and possess necessary sight, hearing, smell, touch, and manual dexterity for such work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree or equivalent education and experience preferred.