Research Scientist - Pediatric Oncology
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 507501-OTHLOC-300000013702750
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27281039132957-Oncology - Pediatric
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Conducts research in Pediatric Oncology and collaborates with faculty in ongoing and planned research.
- Performs searches in databases, analyzes data, and prepares presentations.
- Provides instruction and mentors to residents, post doctoral fellows, students and research associates on the fundamentals of pediatric oncology, evidence-based medicine, research principles, and methodologies.
- Develops and Performs research programs in pediatric oncology using a translational medicine approach including precision medicine, small animal disease models, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Collaborates on projects on the basic and clinical and translational aspects pediatric oncology.
- Generates data quality check, data reports and analysis and writes progress reports.
- Writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Prepares abstracts and presents research findings at local and national meetings.
- Conceives, develops, writes, and submits grant funding.
- Participates in safety and quality assurance activities.
Involves long periods of sitting or standing and some walking. Occasional lifting of documents, supplies, equipment, solutions and chemicals required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
MD and/or Ph.D. with at least 3 years of relevant post-doctoral research in biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology. Published in respected journals with high report factors.