Admissions Transfer Coord Atrium Health Behavioral Health Services - PRN
Job ID: 695501
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Proactively coordinates patient flow and inpatient beds from a hospital wide perspective for multiple Hospitals using the most current bed allocation criteria. Collaborates with coworkers in Patient Placement as well as other departments and disciplines to assure timely bed assignments to the most appropriate level of care. Identifies and responds to issues impacting or delaying patient throughput, escalating issues as necessary. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assigns beds in accordance with unit criteria and hospital policies.
- Able to successfully navigate in various applications to include but not limited to Cerner and Epic.
- Creates pre-admission accounts in Epic for direct admission patients accurately.
- Reviews applicable information in Epic and Cerner to assist with proper placement of patients
- Coordinates bed clean priorities with environmental services.
- Communicates relevant information to coworkers and escalates placement issues to the team lead as necessary.
- Assists with training new teammates.
- Keeps up to date with changes in bed allocation criteria including unit changes, hospital policy changes and infection control policies.
- Provides support to customers.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods. Ability to multi-task under pressure. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the computer and via telephone. Ability to continuously monitor computer screens
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Graduate required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in medical office or hospital setting required. Working knowledge of medical terminology required. Proficient computer skills required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.