Research Technician I - Biospecimen Repository Admin
Job ID: 801041
Mint Hill, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Provides technical support for primary research investigators and conducts technical research procedures.
- Conducts technical laboratory procedures and animal research anesthesia, surgery, and postoperative care.
- Records experimental observations.
- Assists in the monitoring of research laboratory inventory and equipment and taking appropriate actions.
- Assist in maintaining the storage of research data.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating of the daily and weekly schedule of procedures to be performed.
- Operates all equipment and devices necessary for the performance of research procedures.
- Assists in the maintenance of the physical environment.
- Performs all necessary surgical procedures, data collection and storage for all GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) research studies.
- Prepares chemical solutions as required for research projects.
- Searches library files for articles and abstracts dealing with various projects.
- Supports physicians and medical staff during human clinical investigations in cardiac catheterization laboratory and operating rooms.
Work in fast paced office/laboratory environment. Requires ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's of Science Degree required or its equivalent in experience. 1 year experience in research and rehabilitation, hospital or therapy required. Nursing assistant experience preferred.