Radiology Engineering Buyer - Atrium Health's CMC - FT
Job ID: 780321
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
The Radiology Buyer is responsible for obtaining a variety of parts, supplies, and services utilizing our computerized purchasing systems. He/she understands the equipment repair workflow and logistics to effectively provide our engineers what's needed to bring our Radiology equipment repaired as soon as possible. The candidate should demonstrate proficiency in MS Office and other database programs. Processes and organizes purchase orders, invoices, and receiving documents for Accounts Payable.
- Oversees processing PO requisitions using purchasing software and following up on purchases concerning delivery date, discrepancies, and backorders.
- Maintains clear communication with engineers, provide status updates during the purchasing process.
- Ensures the appropriate use of contractual purchasing agreements and parts pools, maintaining records of their use.
- Arranges Shipping and Returns of purchased parts.
- Keep records of purchase savings with preferred vendors and OEMs to justify cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Assists management with 3rd party vendor evaluation and selection for parts and service purchasing.
- Prefers knowledge of Mainsprings database for proper recording of purchased parts in work orders. Require previous experience working in database programs.
- Maintains knowledge of Radiology equipment and schematics for adequate procurement of components.
- Gathers feedback from our engineers to ensure that parts are meeting all their requirements.
- Maintains purchasing related files and records, including up to date catalogs and price lists.
- Prepares utilization and savings reports for all parts and services purchased.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of implementing inventory control systems.
- Efficiently uses computerized systems to perform assigned duties effectively.
Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires frequent moving from one area to another, coordinating, and communicating with persons in various disciplines and agencies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma with 7 years of related purchasing management experience, or Associate Degree with five (5) years of related purchasing experience in a technical operation.