Psychotherapist/Prod-PT Atrium Health Behavioral Health Charlotte ED - PRN
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 753881
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 46521019830001-Emergency Department
Location: Charlotte - 501 Billingsley Rd
Provides mental health services to emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients in a community mental health setting. Provides diagnostic assessment and direct treatment by individual, family, and group psychotherapy.
- Develops, implements and evaluates patient care according to identified needs.
- Manages clients in crisis utilizing appropriate therapeutic skills and assessment techniques.
- Writes appropriate treatment plans according to patient diagnosis, age and clinical presentation. Writes appropriate discharge plans based on individual needs of client and follows through with termination process.
- Collaborates with appropriate guardians and community agencies to insure effective service delivery.
- Completes patient care assignments with attention to detail and accuracy. Provides accurate and consistent documentation of patient care/response in the medical record. Completes accurate and timely billing information.
- Designs, plans, implements effective patient education.
- Maintains open lines of communication, collaborates with healthcare team for patient outcome.
Works in patient care areas including hospital units, emergency room, individual offices and conference areas with exposure to potentially combative and hostile patients. Work requires frequent moving from one area to another, answering pages, and coordinating and communicating with other staff persons in various disciplines and agencies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required. Full licensure in NC required. 2 years clinical experience required. CPI and CPR training required for psychotherapist working in inpatient psychiatric setting.