Clinical Rehab Liaison - Multiple Locations - PRN
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 624581
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 41011008041705-Referral
Location: APC - 4425 Golf Acres Dr
Increases referrals through sales and marketing and performing pre-admission screens on potential rehabilitation clients. Represents Carolinas Rehabilitation at conferences and community activities and provide health teaching and/or in-services and facilitates orientation.
- Creates strategies for marketing opportunities and participates in education of referral sources regarding the services offered by the program, department and/or hospital.
- Performs sales and marketing calls with potential and current referral sources.
- Works with nurse managers and therapy coordinators to devise a marketing strategy for each individual territory, and completes weekly reports showing budgeted call.
- Fosters communication and collaborates with physicians, employees, patients, families and referral sources.
- Provides health teaching and/or in-services to referral sources and facilitates orientation to promote referrals.
- Determines the functional status relative to the functional independence measure prior to transfer and helps in deciding appropriateness of rehab potential.
- Performs an admission screen based on functional progress, potential medical necessity and psychological, social, and financial considerations.
- Utilizes the information gathered in the screening process to establish the baseline for treatment planning, medical, nursing and therapeutic interventions based upon the patient's diagnosis, acuity, complications and/or secondary diagnosis, the response of the patient to previous care, the patient's goal for this setting, and probable discharge setting from hospital rehabilitation.
- Coordinates orientation of the patient and family to rehabilitation program.
Requires frequent car travel, walking, standing, sitting, some lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must lift some articles up to twenty-five pounds. Must have the ability to move about to accomplish tasks. Ability to clearly and concisely express and exchange ideas via spoken and written English word, conveying detailed information to others accurately and, on occasion, quickly. Must have excellent presentation skills and service excellence. Travel by car required with frequent day trips and occasional overnight travel about once per month.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Licensed or certified clinician required. Trained and qualified clinician such as RN, PT, OT, SLP, NP, PA. Must have a valid driver's license and a vehicle to conduct such travel. Public relations skills preferred. Experience in acute care hospital or rehab setting; marketing; communication skills; ability to problem solve.