MRI Tech - Atrium Health Union - Weekender - Days
Job ID: 753361
Monroe, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Responsible for operating Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment, computer and image management systems utilized in performing MRI exams. Supports and contributes to the patient-centered philosophy by understanding that every team member is a caregiver, who cares about the needs of each patient.
- Develops and implements new procedures pertaining to computers, injector systems and patient care monitors.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist or registered nurse.
- Performs venipuncture technique and patient care for administration of MRI contrast materials.
- Reviews and documents patient medical history to ensure safety of imaging protocol.
- Ensures a consistent self-study program that maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and meets ARRT and NCSRT CME requirements.
This position will frequently require to stretch, bend, twist, squat and kneel in performing diagnostic procedures. Lifting, pushing, pulling and gripping may be required for positioning patients and maneuvering equipment. Vision and hearing for distances of at least 20 feet is necessary. Significant walking will be required. 60% work time will be standing and 40% work time will be operating computers and equipment requiring significant manual dexterity and use of hands. All procedures or other job-related tasks involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues, potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in a Category 1 work task.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School dimploma or GED required. Completion of a formal, AMA-approved Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine Program required. MRI experience preferred. Registry with either the NMTCB, ARRT (N), or ARRT (R) required; Advanced Registry in MRI beneficial. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required.