Research Associate Professor- Atrium Health Division of Pharmacy
Job ID: 772201
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
The Research Associate Professor will conduct independent and collaborative research and perform research experiments. Research databases, analyze data using appropriate statistical and other programs, and prepare presentations, papers, progress reports, and grant and contract applications. Manage all aspects of research from planning and securing funding to publication and presentation at meetings. Oversee, direct, supervise, instruct, and mentor team members, students, residents, and fellows.
- Participate in the planning, development, and conduct of a variety of research projects.
- Collaborate on appropriate departmental and facility projects as assigned by leadership.
- Collaborate and interacts with investigators at other local, regional, national, and international institutions.
- Foster and maintain collegial interactions with and supervision of residents, fellows, technical team members, physicians, faculty, students, research fellows, and visiting scientists.
- Produce and analyze experimental data, writes progress reports, writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and prepares abstracts for presentation of results at local, national, and international scientific meetings.
- Develop, write, and submit grant proposals for intra- and extra-mural funding. Develops and maintain a vigorous, cutting-edge, externally-funded program in relevant research.
Works in a fast-paced research and administrative environment. This position requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, lift, speak, hear, and use telephone. Is responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
PhD or MD or both from an accredited institution required with 5-10 years of experience. Candidates must have experience in grant funding and a track record of peer-reviewed publications. Some evidence of external funding required; co-investigator role on external funding acceptable.