Ultrasound Tech Atrium Health Cabarrus - OB/GYN - PT
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 550421
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 29681025333516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: Concord - 200 Medical Park Dr NE
Performs required diagnostic Ultrasound procedures. Assists leadership with both clinical and administrative duties. Essential Functions
- Performs all obstetrical and gynecological routine Ultrasounds and Imaging per ACOG guidelines.
- Conducts Ultrasound Imaging for fetal diagnosis and anomaly detection with supervision for patients with high-risk indications including but not limited to: Advanced maternal age, Abnormal AFP screening and Teratogen exposure.
- Performs Ultrasound guidance for gynecological sonography including gynecological Doppler with supervision as needed.
- Reviews charts for orders prior to clinic visit and follows physician's orders by completion of requisitions and instructing patients.
- Participates in Procedure Verification/Universal Protocol in the absence of a RN.
- Prepares Ultrasound reports at assigned ambulatory practices.
- Maintains patient medical records as required by departmental policy.
Requires the ability to push a 400+ pound Ultrasound machine to the LDR Suites or the Obstetrical High Risk Unit for an emergency scan. Requires frequent standing, stretching and bending to reach necessary supplies. Pulling and pushing required for wheel chair and stretcher patients and moving the Ultrasound machine within the exam room. Ability to grasp necessary transducers to use for Sonography. Digital dexterity to enter data on Ultrasound keyboard is necessary. Carrying and lifting supplies to restock exam rooms and storing transducers at the end of shift is necessary. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and handle stressful situations with empathy and professionalism a must. Must speak English fluently. Exposure to communicable diseases. Education, Experience and Certifications