Facility Nurse Educator (RN) - Atrium Health Cleveland/Kings Mountain - FT
Job ID: 764441
Shelby, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Serves as a role model, consultant, change agent and facilitator in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of orientation and educational programs with the Division of Nursing. Functions in a variety of settings to develop and maintain the competency of nurses who care for individuals and groups with physical disability and chronic illness. Assesses initial and ongoing learning needs, plans and implements programs to meet these needs, and evaluates the outcomes of plans on the learner, the organization, and patient care.
- Collaborates with nursing leadership to assess needs for orientation and continuing education needs for nursing team.
- Develops and conducts facility specific orientation for licensed and non-licensed nursing team.
- Facilitates 30 day new employee orientation and 90 day reunion sessions as part of the facility service excellence initiatives.
- Designs programs that enhance the practice of nursing; assists the learner to comply with licensure and certification requirements.
- Coordinates with Nurse Managers to place students, orient students, and organize preceptorships for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Utilizes adult education principles, plans, designs, and implements educational activities based on identified learning needs.
- Works as a program Planner.
- Assesses learning needs through direct observation, formal needs assessment, and program evaluation or other organizational activity reports.
Works in an office setting which requires long periods of sitting, frequent walking and travel within the hospital grounds and to other facilities. Work will require walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stopping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work. Must exhibit intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and finger dexterity. Must be able to concentrate and apply critical thinking skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current NC RN licensure required. BSN required. 3 years clinical experience in related area (OR, ER, acute care) required. Specialty certification may be preferred or required for specific area (e.g., Med Ctr Air Flight Nurse Educator). BLS HCP certification from AHA required.