Radiology Service Engineer III - Atrium Health - FT
Job ID: 466301
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
A technical and operations expert on at least one modality and may be proficient in multiple modalities. Fully qualified to perform assigned maintenance, installation, repairs, adjustments, and calibrations of equipment.
- Provides technical training and mentorship to other Engineers as appropriate.
- Provides alternate solutions for critical issues to management prior to implementation.
- Assists in the evaluation and selections of new equipment, accessories, and supplies.
- Assists in a consultative capacity in the evaluation of purchase specifications.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required.
- Resolves advanced service repair needs and communicates with internal teams.
Lifts and carries heavy equipment. Works with high voltage circuits and radiation emitting equipment. Handles delicate and expensive equipment. Must be able to read and understand highly technical equipment operating and repair manuals. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical staff, students and physicians.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School diploma and 8 or more years of servicing electrical equipment required. Associate’s degree or higher in Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or related field OR equivalent military Biomedical education and 4 plus years of experience in Radiology Imaging Service preferred.