Instructional Technologist and Developer - Carolinas College of Health Sciences
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 777361
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2021
Responsible for coordinating and managing electronic and multi-media technology systems; designing and developing resources, digital course materials, and learning objects; managing instructional technology projects; and developing and delivering training to faculty, staff, and students in the use of technology solutions. Essential Functions
- Responsible for the coordination, quality management, and system administration of the college’s institutional and instructional technologies
- Serves as a liaison to Information Services departments for projects, purchasing, and service requests
- Collaborates and consults with faculty on the effective use of instructional technology tools and solutions using sound instructional design principles.
- Creates multimedia resources, course components, and learning objects to support engaging, active learning
- Researches and evaluates new and emerging technologies
- Manages project timelines and coordinates with other team members to meet project outcomes
- Collaborates with and assists faculty with implementation of teaching and learning solutions
- Plans, designs, develops, and facilitates professional development for faculty in the use of instructional technology solutions that support best practices in teaching and learning
- Plans, designs, develops, and facilitates training for staff and students in the use of technology solutions and college-wide technology initiatives.
Requires full range body motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in instructional technology, digital media, information systems, education, or related field required. A minimum of two years experience related to instructional technology and training and Learning Management Systems required.