FMG/Senior Specialist-FT- First Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 782121
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 81021028343204-Safety
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Directs the Environment of Care regulatory compliance program for the department and the facilities in specialty EC areas. Manages an ongoing organization-wide process to collect information about deficiencies and opportunities for improvement in the Environment of Care Management Programs. Provides comprehensive customer technical safety consulting services. Serves as a technical expert in specialty EC areas.
- Develops documents and directs safety programs for Environment of Care Systems for the department.
- Coordinates development of standardized reporting for EC functions for facilities and implements an effective audit program to assure compliance.
- Provides leadership within the department for EC functions in safety management, emergency management, hazardous materials and fire and life safety.
- Supervises the development of safety policies related to the Environment of Care and procedures at the corporate level.
- Improves safety, response and codes compliance for emergency management situations.
- Develops and submits reports of survey assessment findings and recommendations and assists in identifying and implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinates Environment of Care initiatives with Patient Safety initiatives to jointly strengthen overall safety program.
- Conducts safety rounds for the System accredited facilities. Serves as the technical expert during emergency and disaster situations.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with professional organizations and other healthcare organizations, municipal services, and regulatory authorities.
- Analyzes and determines proper procedures for mitigation, preparation, response, and recovery in emergency disasters situations and assists facilities in developing and implementing those procedures.
- Conducts extensive research, data collection, evaluation, and analysis in order to make recommendations to control sources of risk.
Works in an office environment 50% of the time, sitting and working with standard office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copier, etc.). Remaining 50% is spent in healthcare facility or support services setting. Requires considerable walking and standing while conducting surveys and training sessions. Must be able to carry up to 15 pounds of materials and various types of equipment. Travel to other facilities is required. Subject to indoor/outdoor environmental conditions. May be subject to hazards (i.e. chemicals, mechanical parts) and atmosphere conditions (i.e. fumes, odors, dusts, mists). Responsible for working in a safe environment and utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree and professional licensure (i.e., PE, AIA) or Master's Degree required. Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in related discipline required.