CT Technologist - Atrium Health's CMC - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 816441
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039321-CT Scan
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Operates CT modalities and associated equipment with a high level of proficiency. Performs procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards.
- Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient. Refers and questions orders to radiologists before performing exam. Contacts ordering physician when there are discrepancies.
- Interviews patients for a complete medical history. Reviews all charts to obtain pertinent clinical history. Records medical history on requisitions. Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam being performed.
- Assures prior CT scans have been loaded into system before obtaining protocol for the exam. Assumes responsibility for the exam from beginning of exam until completion of dictated results.
- Prepares and administers IV contrast according to departmental protocols. Prepares GI contrast appropriate to the patient's needs by PO method or tube feedings.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a radiologist if needed. Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional, reconstructed images, and/or measurements as instructed.
- Performs CT scanning and assists radiologists during invasive procedures. Practices proper sterile technique in the assembling of necessary supplies. Performs all invasive procedures in accordance with blood borne pathogens, isolation, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Operates radiology computer system to include entering orders and charging procedures/ supplies.
- Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Keeps area completely stocked. Cleans all work areas to promote cleanliness in the workplace.
- Assists other medical team when performing exams or services in conjunction with a CT scan. Performs scans and complete all necessary functions for portable CT exams in both the OR and ICU settings.
- Maintains knowledge of all advanced imaging protocols such as high level research applications.
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Occasional standing, walking and sitting during normal operation. Required to stretch, bend, twist, squat or kneel in the daily operation of the CT department. Requires mental skills to understand and perform CT procedures including invasive procedures. Vision and hearing for distances up to 10 feet is necessary. May be exposed to various physical conditions throughout the day such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs, being near moving equipment, and changes in temperature and humidity. Required to use radiation safety guidelines to prevent exposure to ionizing radiation.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an accredited 2 year AMA and ARRT approved program in Radiologic Technology required. 1 year of experience within the Medical Center with a successful performance required. ARRT certification and advanced registry required. CPR certification required. IV and contrast administration certification required before performing venous contrast administration.