Operating Room Asst II - Part time, 24 hours, 1st shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 840821
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004830170-Operating Room
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Assists the surgical team by performing direct and indirect patient care duties.
- Makes recommendations for increasing and decreasing PAR levels, and deletion of items.
- Ensures that supplies are handled, stored, and maintained in a secure environment.
- Performs daily and terminal cleaning of OR supply areas, OR’s, and all lounges, including male and female locker rooms and restrooms, all hallways, storage areas, and sub-sterile areas at facilities where these duties are not completed by Environmental Services.
- Assists with positioning of patient. Responsible for operation of patient positioning equipment.
- Performs room turnover to include moving patients from operating room table to stretcher or bed, as well as trash and linen removal, mopping floors, and cleaning furniture.
- Stocks supplies to include mask, caps, shoe covers, soap dispensers, and scrub brushes.
- Fills blanket and fluid warmers and stocks sub-sterile areas with specimen cups, suction attachments and containers.
- Assists with orientation of operating room assistants.
Must have the use of both hands and all fingers for gripping, speed work and precision during the manipulation of equipment and in the case of the surgery patient. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty feet is necessary. Must have depth perception and ability to distinguish basic colors. Requires frequent long, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, walking on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens. Works inside with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Handles equipment and monitoring supplies. Communication skills, both oral and written, to interact with patients and hospital staff is required. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, squatting or kneeling in moving/positioning the anesthetized patient by lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients and clinical equipment/supplies. Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or GED preferred. 1 year of experience as an Operating Room Assistant I required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required within 90 days of hire.