Radiology Service Engineer II - Atrium Health - FT
Job ID: 274301
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
With minimal supervision, works on a regular basis, performing assigned maintenance, installation, repairs, adjustments, and calibrations of equipment. Fully qualified to perform service in one modality (multiple vendors) and may have basic training in one or more additional modalities.
- Works closely with management and technical staff.
- Complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance and daily service repairs.
- Train less experienced Service Engineers in Radiology.
- Effectively communicate with the experienced teammates and colleagues.
- Assists in decisions related to more complex issues.
- Monitors and maintains quality control of services provided by outside workers.
Lifts and carries heavy equipment. Works with high voltage circuits and radiation emitting equipment. Handles delicate and expensive equipment. Must be able to read and understand highly technical equipment operating and repair manuals. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical staff, students and physicians.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma and 6 or more years of servicing electrical equipment required. Associate’s degree or higher in Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or related field OR equivalent military Biomedical education and 2 plus years of experience in Radiology Imaging Service preferred.