Speech Language Pathologist - PRN - Atrium Health at Home Rehab
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 440461
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 4.00 PRN position: Hours and shift may vary
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 80021000137701-Speech and Audiology
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Speech Language Pathology, upon referral by a physician. Plans and conducts SLP to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence.
- Directs and supervises activities of rehab technicians, speech-language pathology students and volunteers involved in administering care to patients and assists with orienting new and rotating staff.
- Evaluates patients and establishes appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, and patient education as warranted by the patient's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive devices.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as patient's status changes.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates patient's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology program required. NC license for Speech Language Pathology required. Possess and maintain Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association required.