Certified Pharmacy Tech II-IV admixture- Atrium Health Kennilworth- Float
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 759601
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 33151017239624-Pharmacy Administration
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Assists the registered pharmacists in performing technical duties related to the preparation and distribution of various oral and intravenous medications. Demonstrates proficiency in all areas. Duties are performed under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Fills and delivers medication orders for all age groups under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Performs cart fills, refills automated dispensing machines, restocks emergency boxes and kits.
- Processes charges and credits for medications.
- Compounds and repackages oral medications.
- Documents and delivers controlled substances.
- Compounds sterile preparations utilizing proper aseptic technique; follows USP 797 guidelines.
- Compounds hazardous high-risk preparations utilizing proper aseptic technique; follows USP 800 guidelines.
- Performs medication reconciliation for patients being admitted to the hospital.
- Performs computer order entry of ambulatory prescriptions independently.
- Trains and orients new teammates to department workflow and procedures.
- Troubleshoots departmental equipment problems and drug distribution problems.
- Solves problems independently and seeks additional activities when required work is complete.
- Accepts assignments in non-primary areas or facilities.
Works primarily in the pharmacy. Delivers medications to nursing units. Requires considerable walking, standing, pushing mobile cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting 25 pounds of material. May be required to frequently stretch, bend, squat, or kneel to perform job. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle sticks, minor cuts or bruises. Exposed to various conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and changes in temperature and humidity. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer and automated dispensing machines. Must have use of both hands, be able to see clearly and read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages and syringes. Must be able to speak and be understood by others to communicate effectively. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noises. Involves rotating shifts.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Pharmacy Technician Board Certificate is preferred. 12 months prior Pharmacy Technician experience preferred. Valid certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required and must be maintained. No written warnings within the past 12 months.