Respiratory Therapist I Resource Team FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 234107
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028331666-Clinical Resource Staffing Office
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus! Registered Respiratory Therapists are eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus with a 3-year commitment for full time and some part-time positions. In addition to our robust benefits packages and paid time off, you are eligible to participate in the Respiratory Clinical Ladder after 6-months employment.
Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to physician’s orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations. Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains and monitors other cardiopulmonary life support equipment. Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation.
- Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
- Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
- Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
- Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
- Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.
- Works independently in all patient care areas and assists co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
- Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all regulatory requirements.
- Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care equipment and procedures.
- Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
Requires repetitive physical activity. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Adequate hearing and eyesight is necessary. Exposures to working environment that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associate’s RRT or RRT Equivalent required, Bachelor's’ degree preferred. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support for healthcare providers thru the American Heart Association. Advanced certifications per facility policy/standards. For free-standing Emergency Department and Virtual Critical Care, 2 years’ critical care experience required.