Perfusionist - Atrium Health's CMC - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 588181
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2021
This position assess, plans and implements the patient care requirements and treatments necessary for Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB) assistance pre-operative and post-operative surgery. Monitors and operates the heart/lung machine to support the patients.
- Manages CPB by assessing the patient profiles and facilitates discussions with the healthcare team. Reviews patient records, decides prime selections, drug and blood additives.
- Monitors equipment, supplies and patient data that pertains to age, condition and procedures.
- Communicates with open-heart surgery staff during procedures.
- Recognizes and resolves variances and abnormal situations that occur during the procedure.
- Utilizes safety devices during CPB.
- Assists and operates cardiac assist devices to include Ventricular Assist Devices (VADS), Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) and Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
- Assesses patient profile and manage ancillary procedures by using appropriate equipment and monitoring data.
- Recognizes when situations are critical to patient and notifies surgery staff to perform medical assistance.
- Troubleshoots technical devices.
This position requires the ability to complete job duties and responsibilities under prescribed environmental and working conditions. Available to work various on-call shifts. Able to lift over 60 pounds and drive to locations off premises.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Completion of Cardiovascular Perfusion Program required. Licensed by the North Carolina Medical Board as a perfusionist or provisional licensed required; must be fully licensed within 12 months. Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) required; new graduates must pass ABCP exam within 12 months.