Telemental Health Clinician II Atrium Health's CMC Nights
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 801921
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030343-Nursing - 6B Medical
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Provides virtual behavioral health services to emotionally disturbed, mentally ill and chemically dependent individuals. Responsible for responding to referrals and requests for Behavioral Health Service Line services as well as conducting the appropriate clinical screening for potential admission or service line use.
- Conducts assessments and psychosocial evaluations on patients using criteria established by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association.
- Assesses and implements the crisis plan and crisis intervention for high-risk patients (i.e. suicidal, homicidal, psychotic, aggressive) uses appropriate skills and assessments.
- Maintains current knowledge/level of expertise in area of specialty and various treatment modalities.
- Identifies and works to resolve barriers to patients seeking and receiving behavioral health services.
- Adheres to the professional standards and code of ethics set forth by applicable licensing board.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with clarity and organization while ensuring appropriate communication occurs between the medical staff, leadership team, service line leadership and team members.
- Documents relevant assessment and progress updates in the medical record according to departmental standards.
- Demonstrates effective decision making in a rapid paced environment with attention to detail utilizing logical and appropriate clinical judgment.
- Participates in development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of departmental policies and procedures.
Works in the Call Center, but also areas including patient care units, emergency rooms, individual offices, and conference areas with exposure to potentially hostile patients. Work requires frequent moving from one area to another, answering telephones, and coordinating and communicating with other staff persons in various disciplines and agencies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required or an Associate’s degree in Nursing; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. Full current licensure in the state of North Carolina required. 2 years of clinical experience required.