Licensed Practical Nurse Skilled Nursing Shelby NC Weekender
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 469981
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift: On Call
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43511047635171-Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Shelby - 1404 N Lafayette St
Performs nursing care and assists with planning and implementing care for the comfort and well-being of the patient/resident. LPNs scope of practice is dependent and directed, requiring assignment or delegation by and performance under the supervision, orders, or directions of a Registered Nurse (RN), physician, dentist, or other licensed independent practitioner. The LPN participates in the assessment of patients/residents, supports ongoing data collection and determines who to inform of the information and when to inform them.
- Assessment consists of participation in determining nursing care needs based upon collection and interpretation of data relevant to the health status of a patient/resident.
- Recognizes and determines need for immediate intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge which enables the following: documentation of patient/resident observations, treatments, patient/resident response to treatment and nursing care utilizing the nursing process; participates actively in treatment and assisting with procedures, and actively participates in discharge planning.
- Assists RN with development/revision of the plan of care by providing data and identifying potential goals and intervention for review by the RN.
- Communicates with the appropriate clinical staff on the status of a patient/resident if a significant change has occurred.
- Implements the identified plan under the supervision of the RN, physician, or other independent licensed practitioner ensuring tasks have been completed.
- Aware of patient’s/resident’s progress and goals as demonstrated by documentation in the medical records and reports same to the Registered Nurse.
- Organizes workload and prioritizes responsibilities to ensure quality patient/resident care is delivered in a time efficient manner.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and performs only those nursing skills which they are competent to perform in accordance with legal boundaries and facility policies and procedures.
- Documents assessments, procedures, patient/resident/family education, and the communication of information to appropriate members of the healthcare team in a timely manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient/resident and family education under the direction of the Registered Nurse within the scope of practice as defined by law.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients/residents, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient/resident and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified, for unique responsibilities within the department, by the nurse leader.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Practical Nursing. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current LPN license or temporary license as a Licensed Practical Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current LPN license or temporary license as a Licensed Practical Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the LPN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.