Patient Nurse Navigator- Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute Surgery FT
Job ID: 818121
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Coordinate the patient's care to increase the efficiency and quality of care that is delivered to the patient. This role will start with the time of the patient's diagnosis and will continue through the patient's journey throughout their care. Will be the patient advocate and care for them in a highly supportive and personal manner and also will serve as a liaison to ensure that patients and families receive resources and services as needed.
- Provides language specific education, psychosocial support, and necessary resources for newly diagnosed patients pertinent to their specific disease, and their families, and coordinates appropriate referrals for those needed services.
- Educates and provides information to new and existing patients and families regarding diagnosis, work-up, treatments to include surgery, therapy, support services, financial issues, community resources, survivorship issues and follow-up.
- Serves as liaison for patients and families between departments.
- Ensures and coordinates (where appropriate) new patient referrals, scheduling of exams, procedures and appointments, identifies potential gaps as well as the coordination of care for patients returning to their communities for treatment and follow-up.
- Contacts every newly diagnosed patient at the time of the diagnosis.
- Assesses every new patient for emotional and social needs as well as barriers to care such as: Health insurance, transportation, etc., and refers to the needed resources.
- Identifies trend barriers to patient expedient care and will conduct service recovery as needed. Responsible for patient satisfaction.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching. May require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN Degree Required/MSN Preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina required. Certification in the appropriate specialized field within 2 years of being in the position required. Excellent communication skills required.