Secretary II Part Time Atrium Health Pineville
Job ID: 823921
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Greets and assists visitors,answers and directs incoming telephone calls. Receives, sorts and delivers mail.
- Greets patients and family members and assists them with check in process, including ensuring necessary forms are completed by patient and calling patients back to exam rooms, when needed.
- Assists with preparing charts for clinic visits, ensuring each patient's chart is available and accessible when the patient arrives for appointment.
- Answers multi-line telephone, screens calls, answers questions, takes messages or directs inquiries to the appropriate staff or department.
- Creates documents including physician letters and physician dictation.
- Edits physician dictation and physician letters generated by hospital transcription service and then tracks and logs them.
- Promotes a safe work environment and performs all work related job responsibilities in a safe manner.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting and reaching. Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds to shoulder height. Must speak English in simple, understandable terms and have an intact sense of sight and hearing. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Basic clerical and computer skills required.