LCI-Cleveland Hematology / Oncology Physician
Job ID: 00109112
Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2021
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite board certified/board eligible Hematology/Oncology Physicians to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Hematology/Oncology team at Levine Cancer Institute-Cleveland in Shelby, NC.
Responsibilities of Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute Staff Medical Oncologist
SUMMARY: The Staff Medical Oncologist is responsible for delivering patient care at their assigned location, providing outpatient and inpatient coverage in support of their respective departments, and meet the minimum requirements of a physician at Atrium Health. Services include, but are not limited to, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and prescription of pharmacological agents and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Facilitates communication and trust among physicians and between physicians and Atrium Health administration.
- Provide observation, inpatient, and consultative care to hospitalized patients
- Participate in quality improvement activities and hospital committees
- Ensures that quality patient care is practice by providing timely care and demonstrates effective communication with the organization’s internal and external customers.
- Provides prompt responses to calls from nursing units and the emergency department.
- Engages in interdepartmental/interdisciplinary collaboration to ensure a single standard of care.
- Ensures that each patient’s medical record is complete and accurate and that all required documentation is completed in a manner consistent with the hospital, as well as medical staff rules and regulations.
- Maintains positive relations with community physicians, emergency physicians, nurses, case managers, and other staff.
- Supports the mission and vision of Atrium and LCI, and ensures department operations are consistent with the System’s plan for care delivery of the patient.
- Devote Physician’s time, attention, knowledge and skills to patient care for the benefit of the patient
- Use Physician’s best efforts to provide quality care and to maintain a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Maintain current medical license for hospital specialty and participate in ongoing practice performance evaluation.
- Must obtain certification through American Board of Internal Medicine within 3 years of employment.
- Works with peers to maximize care coordination within Atrium Health.
- Participates in professional development activities including attendance at Department meetings.
- Attend tumor boards, section meetings and other regularly scheduled department and Institute meetings.
- Models Atrium Core Values and leads efforts to improve physician relations within the group.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.