Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 00108596
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25511049932751-Internal Medicine
Location: SouthPark - 4525 Cameron Valley Pkwy
Atrium Health is recruiting a Program Director for Interventional Pulmonology at Carolinas Medical Center (CMC), the flagship hospital of Atrium Health in Charlotte, NC. This physician will join CMC Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants (PCCC), an established group of 28 Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine physicians and 19 APP’s who provide pulmonary and critical care services at CMC Main and the newly created, state-of-the-art, Jan and Ed Brown Center for Pulmonary Medicine.
Job Summary: The Program Director for Interventional Pulmonology is primarily responsible for provision of clinical services and medical leadership of interventional pulmonary services at Carolinas Medical Center. They will also assist with direction and coordination of interventional pulmonary services across Atrium Health. The ideal candidate will possess and/or develop a combination of clinical, organizational, clinical research and education skills.
• Board certified/board eligible in interventional pulmonology
• Board certified in internal medicine and pulmonary medicine
• Previous experience with leadership and program development relevant to interventional pulmonology preferred
Details of position:
• Provide interventional pulmonary services including advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy (EBUS, navigational bronchoscopy, robotic bronchoscopy), therapeutic bronchoscopy for benign and malignant disease (including foreign body removal, airway stenting, bronchoplasty), endobronchial valve placement, bronchial thermoplasty, thoracentesis, medical pleuroscopy, placement and management of indwelling pleural catheters, pleurodesis.
• Work collaboratively with existing leaders of bronchoscopy services, lung cancer screening and incidental lung nodule management.
• Lead System programmatic planning and development of clinical services related to therapeutic bronchoscopy, endobronchial valve placement, and management of malignant and benign pleural disease.
• Supervise learners and participate actively in educational mission
• Pursue relevant opportunities for clinical investigation and scholarship
• Competitive salary, top-notch colleagues
• Optional appointment at Wake Forest School of Medicine
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.