Respiratory Therapist RRT - Temp
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 110783
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Temporary
Department Name: 12011053133313-Respiratory Care
What You Will Do
Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to physician’s orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations. Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains other cardiopulmonary life support equipment. Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation.
- Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
- Initiates, monitors, and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
- Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgement and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
- Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department, and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates, conducts, and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
- Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.
- Works independently in all patient care areas and assists co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
- Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all regulatory requirements.
- Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care equipment and procedures.
- Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
What You Will Need
Graduate of AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associate’s RRT or RRT equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Credentials as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of Georgia.