Psychotherapist - Atrium Health Levine Cancer Supportive Oncology Charlotte FT
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 108093
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036632951-Oncology - LCI Supportive
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages and paid time off.
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. The Psycho-Oncology team at Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte, NC provides mental health services to oncology patients and caregivers.
- Provides psychotherapy, counseling, education, cognitive retraining, behavioral management, and/or crisis intervention as needed for patients across the cancer continuum.
- Refers patients/family to external agencies/resources for treatment when appropriate.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Communicates patient’s evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff in a timely fashion.
- Communicates and works with other disciplines to coordinate patient’s schedule and treatment programs.
- Documents in a manner that is accurate, timely, and according to departmental policy.
- Implements evidence-based psycho-oncology patient care programs in accordance with the North Carolina Psychotherapy Practice Act and/or practices in accordance with the ethical codes and licensure boards of the respective disciplines.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as the patient's status changes.
- Provides and documents patient and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic interventions.
- Attends patient care meetings or ensures paperwork is sent in absence.
- Demonstrates current knowledge and clinical skills in Psychotherapy practice.
- Average patient load of 30 patients per week.
- Appointments will be in-person and virtual.
- Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00.
- Master's degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or Psychology from an accredited school of graduate education required.
- Licensed or license-eligible in NC (SC licensure a plus).
- Minimal 2 years of experience.
- Healthcare and Oncology experience preferred.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.