Financial Analyst II
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 97872
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340910-Cash Management
Supports functions related to financial and business analysis; budgeting; capital planning; financial trends and variance analysis; business development and project management. Provides management with financial analyses that clearly identify areas of opportunities, measures current and future financial performance and explains variances.
- Researches and analyzes financial, banking and patient billing data and trends as requested to assist in accurate bank reconciliation and smooth patient billing operations.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy, and integrity of databases, mappings, and reference tables within the cash application software system.
- Completes a limited amount of journal entries as necessary when reconciling banking activity.
- Prepares capital plans, execution documents, budgets and ensures adherence to pertinent schedules.
- Prepares monthly budget reports and works with management to assure action on variances.
- Monitors and reports benchmarking data.
- Ensures reporting of productivity, analyzes trends and reports recommendations to management.
- Reviews financial reports and analysis with management, both internal and external customers.
- Identifies risks and opportunities for financial performance, based on variance analysis.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses that includes but not limited to 1) Program review, 2) Revenue, FTE, expense trend analyses, 3) KPI performance, 4) business development assessment.
- Utilizes various financial and business intelligence systems to mine operational and financial data.
- Develops key deliverables and reports in a logical, clear and concise manner for senior level management.
Must be able to lift and move notebooks and boxes weighing up to twenty pounds. The candidate will perform mostly sedentary work. Some travel required to other facilities for off-site meetings.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with a degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Finance or related field is required. Master's degree or professional designation (CPA, CMA) is preferred. 3 years related experience in finance or accounting role required; experience in the healthcare industry preferred.