Clinical Lead Medical Assistant/LPN - Atrium Health Primary Care Cotswold Family Medicine Outpatient FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 109585
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 30131028533173-Family Medicine
Provides quality care, education and management of patients. Manages the CMA/RMA and LPN teammates using the guidelines, procedures and policies set by leadership and in accordance with governmental and other regulatory standards.
- Arranges for the provision of appropriate care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric population of patients.
- Manages the clinical response time for messages, prescriptions and lab results and provides the highest level of customer service.
- Performs medication administration including injections and immunizations.
- Takes vital signs and patient assessment prior to physician visit.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to the physician following procedures, medication administration or treatments.
- Assists providers during procedures and examination and performs instrument and room clean up in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Schedules and monitors clinical teammate schedules and assignments.
- Provides patient education regarding disease process, medication use, contraindications, and collection of samples.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read and write basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Manual finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Education, Experience and Certifications.
3 years medical office experience required. BLS certification required. Must maintain current certification. LPN, CMA or RMA meeting the following criteria: If LPN: Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse with current license to practice in the state in which one works required. If CMA or RMA: High school graduate or GED required. Recognized/certified as a CMA or RMA by one of the following National Organizations: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National HealthCareer Association (NHA), National Healthcare Worker's Association (NHCWA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), National Registry of Medical Assistants (NRMA). Must possess one of the following: a) Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program. b) Intermediate EMT or Paramedic Program with 3 years prior clinical experience required. c) Structured military training which is clinical in nature per DD214. d) Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing. e) 3 years on the job training and successful completion of Medical Group approved competency assessment.