Clinic Director- Urgent Care
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 109763
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 30601017240504-Administration - Operations
Responsible for providing leadership and direction for the daily operations of the South Region and Levine Children's Urgent Cares for the Greater Charlotte Area. This will include oversight of 10 practices. Acts as a liaison between administration, staff, physicians, and external agencies operating within the practice or clinic. Serves in the role of community or public representative for the practices and is responsible for interfacing with the community served by the practices.
- Maintains competency in the application of the principles of management, promote a safe environment, and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe and consistent manner.
- Ensures billing and filing of insurance by CPN is completed accurately and in accordance with the requirements of third party intermediaries.
- Ensures all CPT and ICD-9 coding is complete and accurate in accordance with the American Medical Association's CPT and ICD-9 guidelines. Works with Corporate Compliance to educate physicians on all coding changes to ensure coding is in accordance with the above guidelines.
- Assists in the general preparation of clinic budget and is responsible to operate within budgeted guidelines. Responsible for all financial data, billing, insurance filing, disbursements, month end statistics, and monthly variance reports. Reviews clinic functions and makes recommendations for reduced overhead, cost savings and enhanced revenue.
- Provides recruiting oversight and is responsible for ensuring staff are trained on new regulations and new requirements.
- Completes and ensures completion of evaluations on all staff in a timely fashion and ensures adequate job descriptions, policies and procedures are established and updated as needed. Promotes education growth and development of the staff.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of the medical records, including updating of policies and procedures as necessary. Ensures proper handling of medical records in accordance with regulatory requirements and patient information requests.
- Coordinates the marketing activities for the assigned practices in the role of community or public representative.
Requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, and reaching. Must be mobile in function in all areas of clinic if needed. Must be able to lift 50 pounds shoulder high. Must be able to write and speak English in clear grammatically correct manner, with in tact sense of sight and hearing. Must have finger dexterity to operate computer and calculator. Must be able to respond quickly in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required preferably in Business or Healthcare Administration; Master's Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred. 3 years management experience in physician office setting, outpatient or community-based clinic required.