Manager Event Medicine Atrium Health Sports Medicine FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 109099
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028337504-Sports Medicine
Assists with the administration, supervision and evaluation of patient care and teammate performance under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director. Promotes and ensures a safe working environment for patients, teammates and others who encounter Sports Medicine/Events out in the community. This is a clinical position with office time assigned to fulfill the required operational duties of the department.
- Performs all functions and clinical duties within scope of practice and covers in staffing as staffing needs dictate.
- Provide assessment, planning, treatment and transport care at their appropriate level of care by using the Special Events protocols, as well as, seeking Medical Control to assist in direction of treatment as needed.
- Maintains financial stability of the operations. Recommend ways to reduce expenses, improve efficiency and control overtime within department.
- Coordinates and conducts teammate interviews and works with medical director and assistant director on selection process of new teammates.
- Assumes a supervisory role at major events covered by department.
- Oversees the preparation and maintenance of records and files of all EMTs, Paramedics and RN's.
- Ensures department compliance with NFPA, OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, and North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services.
Duties require working and driving in all weather conditions both day and night. Aptitudes for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance and body which would not be adversely affected by having to lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance). Motor coordination is necessary because of uneven terrain. Both the patient's and the team member's well being must not be jeopardized. Hearing must be in normal range as well as near visual acuity to be able to take accurate vital sings and to detect any deterioration in the patients' condition. Normal eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity to give injections, medications and intravenous therapy. Must have good oral communication skills to take patient history, give instruction and communicate with physician about patient care.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current certification as an EMT-Paramedic or current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina, ACLS and Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.