Experienced APP - Virtual Care - Hospitalist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 104455
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Hospital Medicine
Status: Full Time
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 25011017240003-Physician Connection Line
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. We invite Candidates to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Hospitalist team with Atrium Health.
Carolinas Hospitalists Group is looking for a Virtual Care APP to join the hospitalist team.
Features of this role:
- Variable shift
- Position is 100% adult inpatient medicine, admission and subsequent rounding
- Candidates must be board certified/eligible in Internal Medicine
- Hospital based practice with team-based panel of physicians and ACP providers
- 7 days on and 7 days off, or unless otherwise specified by the specific site
- Holidays, weekends and extended hours required
- Call is not required but shifts may include cross cover responsibilities
- Procedures not expected
- 100% inpatient adult medicine
- Performs medical history, physical examinations, routine assessments and determines treatment plan for patients.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a timely and medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
- Acts as a patient and family advocate for the population served
- Participates in continuous quality improvement priorities, service delivery processes and service excellence initiatives
- Adheres to access & productivity policies & protocols to ensure that patients’ access to convenient care is optimized
- Adheres to standards and care protocols to deliver appropriate, innovative and cost-effective care management in-person and virtually
- Actively and regularly participates in the assigned meetings/committees
- Models Atrium Health Core Values
- Adheres to Medical Group Minimum Work Standards
Education, Experience and Certifications.
- Master's Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required.
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse required.
- Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- ACNP, AGACNP, AGNP, PNP, or PNP-AC board certification preferred based population served.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.