Faculty II - Nursing Education
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 108346
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: variable depending on clinical needs
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11161010244201-Associate Degree - Nursing
Facilitates educational experiences to enhance student learning; teaches, advises students; curriculum development; student retention; active committee involvement; professional development; participates in budget and institutional effectiveness processes; services to the greater community in the clinical environment.
- Teaches and facilitate student learning in the clinical setting; teaching activities may occur online or face-to-face in a classroom, clinical, lab, or fieldwork setting.
- Builds degree programs that embodies coherent courses of study and allows students to progressively build upon and integrate their knowledge and skills.
- Develops knowledge of pedagogy, academic discipline, and as appropriate, clinical profession including scholarship activities
- Contributes to the improvement of the College community through service to the College and broader community.
- Normal or corrected auditory and visual acuity.
- Able to use standard office equipment, including computers.
- Environment is climate controlled with occasional exposure to inclement weather when travelling between buildings.
- Occasional travel to other locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Demonstrates high level of competence in teaching and related activities.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Nursing required.
- Current or eligible NC RN license required.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience as RN required.
- Experience teaching in a pre-licensure nursing program preferred.
In order to be considered, faculty must have prepared in teaching and learning principles in one of the following ways: Completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses; Completion of a certificate program in nursing education; 9 semester hours of education course work; National certification in nursing education.