Neonatal APP LCH- Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 107825
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27321005032811-Neonatology
Atrium Health is the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We invite providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Neonatology Department is seeking a Part-time highly skilled and motivated Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our growing team.
- Manage caseloads of complex Level 2-3 NICU patients including premature, cardiac, and post surgical patients, the majority of whom are admitted from our sister Level 4 NICU.
- Respond to neonatal emergencies
- Utilize advanced knowledge and skills to provide selected medical procedures for neonates and infants as well as manage complex clinical cases
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the health care team including patient families and multiple subspecialty consultants
- Advance the care of neonates through participation in and application of the research and quality improvement processes. Share knowledge on a formal and informal basis with interdisciplinary team as relates to specialty area
- Ensure the continuous quality of professional services by maintaining updated knowledge and skills
- Shifts are 12-hour Day covering weekdays, weekends and holidays. (Greater than 20% of FTE includes weekend coverage). No Night requirement.
About our Team:
- This position is an opportunity to become part of an outstanding and dynamic team of Neonatal APPs involved in the management of complex patients as well as quality improvement, research initiatives and the education of NNP students and PA fellows.
- Eligible for incentive pay for additional shifts, PTO cash-in and an annual Performance Incentive Bonus
- Competitive Salary – Including Relocation and a Full Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Annual CME allowance of up to $2500 and 40 hours (prorated based on FTE status) for continuing education activities and additional reimbursement for license renewal fees.
- Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s degree required or doctorate in nursing practice. NNP Certification from the National Certification Corporation (new graduates may apply before certification granted but employment contingent upon certification)
- NC Compact State RN Licensure for NNP candidates.
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Must have post graduate fellowship in Neonatology or > 2 years Neonatal experience in a NICU.
- Candidates must demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills for working in a fast paced, high acuity, high census work environment.
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate maternal, fetal and neonatal history and perform thorough physical assessment, developing and articulating a sound plan of care. Able to evaluate, assess, and monitor for neonatal co-morbidities. Able to demonstrate competency in core skills of the Neonatal APP role including endotracheal intubation and airway management, umbilical line insertion, arterial puncture and peripheral arterial line placement, needle thoracentesis and chest tube insertion, lumbar puncture, ventricular access device (not cardiac) aspirations, and exchange transfusion. While some of these procedures are not performed in the NPCN, the APP is expected to have and maintain competency via simulation lab.
- Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required.
- BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
- AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program provider or instructor status required.
- PALS certification required.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) in beautiful Charlotte, NC, has 11 floors and 234 inpatient beds and is committed to being the region’s leading provider of pediatric health care services. Our Neonatology Department is comprised of a 32-bed neonatal progressive (convalescent) care nursery (NPCN) and a 53-bed neonatal intensive care nursery (NICU). Our NICU is a regional referral center offering Total Body Cooling, ECMO, CT Surgery Services and all Subspecialty Services. Our current team of 50+ Neonatal APPs are specifically trained and proficient in the provision of neonatal care under the direct supervision of Neonatologists working for Levine Children’s Neonatology Service Line
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.