Manager - Financial Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 107706
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 830-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 81011005140501-Administration
Verifies the completeness and accuracy of the departmental segment of financial statements, annual budgets and operating reports prepared for members of the leadership team. Ensures the efficient operation of the department, including supervision of team members, delegation of special projects and resolution of problems and questions from leadership.
- Coordinates and plans month-end responsibilities with MIS, other System facilities and finance departments.
- Reviews and approves journal entries according to System policy.
- Reviews and approves account reconciliations and ensures such are prepared on a timely basis.
- Ensures that the System's records and financial statements are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinates preparation of financial statements and budgets, including supporting documentation.
- Maintains and examines departmental policy and procedures manual and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures that all related statutory filings are completed and all retention requirements are achieved.
- Coordinates preparation of work papers for annual audit and provides supplemental information to auditor under the supervision of department leader.
- Performs analytical review, research and other related duties independently or as requested by the department leadership team.
Work requires lifting and moving reports and notebooks weighing up to 10 pounds. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. May experience prolonged periods of sitting utilizing the computer to read reports, 10-key calculator and answering the telephone.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 2 to 3 years of related work experience preferred. CPA preferred.
Specialty Area: Foundation
Additional Essential Functions:
- Oversees all accounts payables; ensuring vendors are paid in a timely manner and disbursements are coded and entered in the financial software correctly.
- Controls the treasury management system; ensuring adequate balances are available based on need for multiple accounts. Processes all wires and ACH transfers for the Foundation.
- Works closely with the data and donor management team to ensure donations (cash/credit cards) are processed and coded correctly monthly.
- Prepares pledge schedules; ensuring all pledges are accurately processed through the systems.
- Oversees the semi-annual sales tax filings and 1099/1096 reporting.