Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 108704
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Primarily Mon-Fri 8-hour Day Shift but may involve occasional weekends/evening shifts
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005044041-Education - LCH
Service Line Nurse Educator will be responsible for nursing development utilizing evidence based practice to develop a comprehensive nursing education program.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) has taken the community to another level of service to provide care for the growing population of children in our region. At 247 beds, LCH is the largest children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington DC. It serves high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health and offers a full complement of over 125 pediatric subspecialists in over 30 different pediatric specialties. We have 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including Cardiac ICU), an 85-bed Level IV NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. Levine Children’s also has Charlotte’s only Level 1 Trauma emergency room just for kids, staffed by doctors trained in pediatric emergency medicine. LCH has successfully ranked among the “Best Children’s Hospitals” in the nation by US News & World Report for over 15 consecutive years. Additionally, Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center and Levine Children’s Hospital have earned Magnet re-designation from The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. Magnet designated health care organizations showcase excellence in nursing practice and patient outcomes.
Master's prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence -based nursing practice within a specialty area and function in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, system thinker, change agent, and innovator.
Frequent moderate lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Must be able to travel throughout hospital campuses and offsite properties. General hospital office environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient body fluids. Environment is climate controlled. Subject to long and irregular hours.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master’s in nursing, Nursing Education or Health Care Administration required. Candidates for external hire or internal promotion without Master’s degree must be enrolled in the appropriate Master’s program upon hire/transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program
• Two years of teaching experience preferred. Minimum 3 years clinical experience as a RN in practice area required.
• Appropriate practice area certification required within 1 year of eligibility for certification exam.
• Life Support Instructor Certification may be required based on the needs of the patient population served.
• Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or, if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles, curriculum and program development, program evaluation, self-learning modules.
• Proficient at Microsoft Office programs and use of AV equipment.
• Must show evidence of job-specific competencies
• Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse manager.