Manager - Cybersecurity Engineer
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 105182
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F, 8 to 5
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342416-IAS Cybersecurity Leadership
With minimal direction, oversees the overall security posture and risk management program as it applies to our computing environment for on-premises and cloud-based solutions. Manages the cybersecurity program to include team members, budgets, projects, incidents, legal matters, and compliance efforts. Provides direction to all team members as well as other departments within IAS and the organization.
- Manages the cybersecurity team members to include the systems they maintain and partners with other departments to achieve Enterprise goals.
- Maintains confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the computing environment and enforces the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Assumes designated leader role for the Computer Incident Response Team, communicates incident to senior leaders, and engages team members to respond to the incident.
- Provides goals and direction to cybersecurity team members.
- Addresses disciplinary issues up to and including termination.
- Communicates project status to appropriate leadership and appropriate Councils.
- Defines policy, recommends security controls, and provides all-inclusive costs for the implementation and management of cybersecurity solutions enterprise-wide.
- Evaluates needs, identifies risk, offers recommendations, and manages team members to provide security solutions.
- Manages adherence to the confidentiality of investigations, incidents, and forensics reviews.
- Manages and prepares budgets and seeks input from team members and others during the budgeting process.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and identifies development opportunities for the cybersecurity team members.
- Provides cybersecurity training and performs presentations to the enterprise on cybersecurity topics.
- Makes themselves available to team members, listens to their input, and adjusts the department, where necessary, while ensuring conformance with all policies and procedures.
- Directs team members when to engage with Enterprise Privacy, the Legal Department, and law enforcement.
- Other duties as defined by management.
Must be available for callback support on a regular basis including travel to facilities and data centers located in various states. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds. Extensive evening and weekend hours may be required during incidents, major project go-lives, or during downtimes.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree preferred. 10 years relevant IS experience required with 6 years Cybersecurity experience preferred. Security certification preferred (CISSP< SANS GAIC< PCI ISA)>Mastery of HIPAA and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards requirements and the ability to communicate risks of not conforming to those requirements required. Ability to work at all levels within the organization and effectively communicate to leadership including Senior Leadership. Excellent oral and written communication skills.