Supervisor - Patient Accounting
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 101019
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8am - 4:30 pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 21121017241260-Patient Financial Services - Managed Care Follow Up
Manages the billing, processing and collections of the department; oversees refund processing and month-end reconciliations to the General Ledger. Responsible for coordinating the activity of personnel in the assigned area.
- Assists with hiring, training, annual performance appraisals, and disciplinary action (if necessary) for all assigned employees.
- Reviews assignments and delegates tasks to appropriate personnel. Monitors performance to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion.
- Coordinates as a liaison within department, third parties, consultants, and/or patients. Delegates necessary assignments to appropriate personnel. Prepares appropriate denials for refunds to third party payers.
- Manages refund processing to include approving refunds within approved amounts, reviewing letter requests for refunds, timely processing of review of refund and offsets to the HCFM/BHIS System.'
- Maintains records of Reconciliations to the Refund/Transfer Clearing as well as the quarterly refund Reports to the State in-house yearly and to storage for 7 years.
- Prepares the Refund and Transfer Clearing Reconciliations in a timely manner each month end. Ensures corrections are made appropriately. Assists with reports for the department.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion relating to efficient operation of departmental functions.
Work in fast-paced office environment with numerous interruptions. Work requires good concentration, detail-oriented, and ability to make sound decision at rapid pace. This position requires long periods of sitting throughout the day. Must be physically able to move around the office daily and often, as well as move to other facility offices both on-site and off-site. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds. Must be able to reach and bend on a moderate level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Patient Accounting experience required.