Behavioral Health Ins Rep- Business Office
This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 104692
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays variable
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112741305-Business Office
The Behavioral Health Insurance Rep assists scheduled and unscheduled patients during onsite registration, admission and arrival processes in emergency and outpatient settings and performs insurance verification for “walk-in” visits as necessary.
- Performs real-time insurance eligibility and benefits verification.
- Ensures that all workflows related to hospital collection activities meet department requirements, maximize revenue collection, and achieve leading practice levels of performance.
- Focuses on attaining daily productivity standards, recommending new approaches for enhancing performance, eliminating waste, and increasing productivity when appropriate.
- Strives for positive patient experience.
- Complies with all federal, state, and Joint Commission requirements.
- Adheres to Floyd Healthcare Management Inc. organizational policies and procedures for relevant location and job scope.
- Completes and/or attends mandatory training and education sessions within approved organizational guidelines and time frames.
- Respools any claim that needs to be refiled electronically.
- Works denial/zero payments weekly.
- Reviews/corrects claims with errors in billing system.
- Works late charge report.
- Sends inquiries to ancillary departments as needed for claims review/corrections. Reviews and makes corrections upon receiving response.
- Makes corrections into STAR for monetary changes make to the billing system.
- Requests and monitors request for medical records as needed.
- Works failed claim report and accounts on hold.
- Combines overlapping claims between Floyd Medical Center & Willow Brooke at Floyd due to Medicare/Medicaid 72-hour rule.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institute
- At least 1 year related healthcare or customer service experience
- Proficiency with PC based office productivity tools (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word)
- At least 1 year of Behavioral Health billing and/or follow-up experience preferred