Staff Chaplain - Atrium Health CMC Main Spiritual Care and Education FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 103678
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: This position will work weekend days (Sat and Sun) and three weekdays, which will either be Friday, Monday and Tuesday or Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005043624-Spiritual Care and Education
Provides direct spiritual care services as needed to patients, their supporting community, and teammates, assuming comprehensive spiritual care responsibility for various clinical areas.
- Performs daily spiritual care visitation.
- Ensures appropriate response and follow-up on all referrals.
- Provides Spiritual Care and support to patients, their supporting community, and teammates of all cultural and spiritual backgrounds; does not proselytize.
- Provides statistics of Spiritual Care activities and completes charting for spiritual care interactions.
- Supports faith group leaders visiting their members who are patients.
- Facilitates Spiritual Care Groups in collaboration with Health Care Team.
- Works in groups and team meetings where appropriate as part of the delivery of care.
- Takes initiative to maintain active and regular supervisory meetings with assigned supervisor, and regularly reports professional activities at same meetings.
- Participates in scheduled staff meetings of the department.
- Maintains relationships with National Spiritual Care Cognate Group and engages in those activities necessary to maintain certification.
- Facilitates Advance Directive education and process to ensure patients' rights, if required.
Service ability to be mobile (walking, standing, sitting, etc.) Talking and hearing essential to communicate with patients, their supporting community, and teammates. Must be able to read and speak English in simple, understandable terms. Must be able to be mobile and free of any physical limitation which would preclude fulfillment of spiritual care duties. Ability to engage in a good working relationship with all departments. Participates in the On-Call rotation, as necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree of Divinity or equivalency based on the Common Qualification and Competencies for Professional Chaplains required. 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education by an accredited ACPE center required. 1-year professional experience as a Spiritual care provider preferred. Certification with National Spiritual Care Cognate Group within 2 years of hire required. Notary Public within first 6 months of hire may be required by facility or organization.