Ultrasound Tech PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 104189
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053139352-Ultrasound
What You Will Do
Under indirect supervision, performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation and archiving of general and all general ultrasound images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the ultrasound department. Performs portable US exams based on provider order and/or patient condition.
- Positions patients and selects appropriate protocol to demonstrate anatomy of area of interest based on accepted General US principles. Judges’ diagnostic quality of finished medical images and processes preliminary reports and/or work sheets prior to submission to physician for interpretation. Identifies and documents any limitations to the sonography examination.
- Customizes each patient exam based on accepted ultrasound/sonography principles to optimize the diagnostic value of each specific imaging encounter. Applies independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images. Assists radiologist with US guidance for US procedure such as biopsies or aspirations as needed.
- Reviews all diagnostic ultrasound requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the ordering provider and any unresolved concerns are taken to the interpreting physician for final approval.
- Provides relevant patient history and/or codes for all ultrasound procedures based on facility requirements.
- Performs clerical responsibilities associated with acquisition, processing and archiving of patient record.
- Offers detailed explanation of diagnostic procedures to patients prior and answers questions as appropriate.
- Observes patient while in ultrasound for change in status and makes appropriate intervention or contacts primary care givers for instruction.
- Identifies and corrects problems as appropriate with all critical occurrences reported to the next level of authority.
- Maintains all required continuing education and applicable certifications as an ultrasound technologist.
- Ensures equipment is maintained to assure conformance of specific operational standards including US equipment and Trophon if applicable.
What You Will Need
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate. Graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, vascular or cardiovascular ultrasound program, or BS in Ultrasound.
- Registered Sonographer or Registry Eligible through ARDMS or ARRT. o ARDMS or ARRT required in accordance with Work Instruction EMP 8