The Senior Staff Assistant of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management provides Cabarrus College of Health Sciences senior leadership with secretarial, clerical, and administrative support to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. Greets office visitors, takes minutes, prepares correspondence, maintains calendars, makes travel arrangements, coordinates affiliation agreements, plans event, manages supplies and equipment, submits payroll, and maintains files.
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate or Baccalaureate degree or graduation from a two-year secretarial program preferred.
- 2 years secretarial experience required.
- 1-year Atrium Health Staff Assistant experience preferred.
- 3-5 years executive secretarial experience in a college, banking, or large corporate setting preferred.
Assists office visitors and responds to inquiries professionally and efficiently.
- Greets and receives office visitors, directing them to other offices as needed.
- Receives, directs, and relays telephone messages.
- Responds to email messages in a timely manner.
Creates, transcribes, and disseminates correspondence, memos, minutes, reports, and other documents in 11 timely and accurate fashion.
- Provides word processing and spreadsheet secretarial support.
- Photocopies, mails, emails, and faxes written communications.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Coordinates scheduling of the supervisors' on-site and off-site appointments and meetings including travel arrangements.
- Coordinates the scheduling of on-site and off-site appointments and meetings, ensuring calendar is accurate with minimal conflicts.
- Demonstrates initiative in resolving scheduling issues.
- Gathers and prepares appropriate materials for on-site and off-site meetings.
- Ensures travel arrangements are made (including registration foes, transportation, car rental, and lodging) by accurately preparing necessary documentation and expense reimbursement forms.
Contributes as a team member to the organization and management of office resources and operations.
- Works collaboratively with office staff to ensure the smooth operation of office procedures and activities.
- Maintains departmental and office files in a logical and easily retrievable manner.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail for supervisors.
- Maintains College security codes, keys, and key files, and assures record keeping is accurate und access is controlled.
- Uses established procedures to report equipment malfunctions and repairs.
- identifies need for and replaces toner, paper, and other necessary items to ensure proper functioning of copier and fax machine.
- Places calls to appropriate people for service needs and communicates to supervisor problems that arise and cannot be handled immediately.
- Follows problems through to resolution.
- Replenishes supplies as needed.
Maintains College payroll reports.
- Prepares staff payroll reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Expediently resolves and communicates errors.
Assists with events on and off campus for college functions.
- Assists with purchasing materials for and with setting up events on and off campus (i.e., commencement, open houses, awards ceremonies, staff retreats, etc.), which may exceed normal work hours. Anticipates needs or conflicts, communicates same to appropriate persons and works through to resolution.
- Maintains and updates College documents and records.
- Assures departmental manuals are current.
The Sr. Staff Assistant is expected to demonstrate the following professional qualities and skills:
- Initiative und self-discipline.
- Positive and respectful people skills. • Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with overlapping projects, tight deadlines, and multiple interruptions und demands.
- Highly proficient in use of MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, general computer applications und general office equipment.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
Provides general assistance in maintaining reporting systems and coordinating activities that support SACSCOC accreditation requirements.
- Attends and participates in required meetings.
- Participates in special projects or performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in institutional research, planning and assessment processes ns assigned.
- Is familiar with accreditation standards and the accreditation process.
- Establishes and maintains files on standards compliance.
- Assists in preparing and sending reports to the SACSCOC accreditation agency.
- Keeps track of all correspondence between the College and the SACSCOC Liaison, and all other accreditation materials.
- Directs all accreditation questions and related issues to the College's SACSCOC Liaison (supervisor).
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION:
- Will limit access to protected health information (PMI) and to student information (FERPA)to the information necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work.
- Access to verbal, written, and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
MACHINE, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
• Photocopiers, computers, and other standard office equipment.
- Physical ability to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Extended use of normal or corrected vision to read hand-written, typed, and computer-generated information.
- Hearing and speech ability sufficient to enable communication by telephone and in person.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use standard office equipment and supplies and to manipulate both single sheets of paper and large document holders (binders, manuals, etc.).
- Physical ability to reach, bend and grasp to file and retrieve materials.
- Occasional light lifting of supplies and materials.
Cabarrus College has evolved from a small nursing school, established in 1942, into a robust educational institution offering 16 degrees in 10 health science disciplines. Our academic programs range from bachelor’s and master’s degrees for healthcare professionals seeking career advancement, to four-year degrees for students just entering healthcare, to one- and two-year programs for students who want to start a career in healthcare as quickly as possible.
At our hospital-based campus, situated on the grounds of Atrium Health Cabarrus, you’ll learn in an immersive, professional healthcare environment that embodies excellence and provides unmatched, hands-on experience for students in clinical programs. Our small classes and low student-to-faculty ratio allow for individualized instruction from faculty mentors who are invested in your success. And our affiliation with Atrium Health, one of the country’s largest healthcare systems, offers unparalleled access to clinical sites, technology and job opportunities.
With on-campus, online, hybrid and part-time/full-time options, our flexible programs meet your needs, whether you’re a recent high school graduate, a career-changing adult or a healthcare professional seeking advanced education.