Experienced APP- Atrium Health Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute Center for Women’s CV Health-Woman’s Cardiology- Charlotte, NC
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 96926
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F, 8 hr shift
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 26511039132041-Cardiology - Adult
SHVI is looking for a full time Cardiology NP or PA to provide quality care to the patients we serve in the Charlotte community. The APP will be part of The Center for Women’s CV Health, a sub-specialty within Cardiology including a multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, maternal fetal medicine and OB MDs and APP’s. The Center strives be leaders in providing specialized, integrated, and comprehensive care to address the unique cardiovascular needs of all women across the lifespan.
The position will be responsible for evaluating, assessing, and managing cardiology patients in the OP setting, including, but not limited to CV office new & return visits for the following areas within the Center: general women’s cardiology, cardio-obstetrics, and 4th trimester. In addition, the position will see post-discharge follow-ups of cardio-obstetrics patients as appropriate.
The APP should be competent in taking medical history, assessing medical condition(s) of patients, and interpreting medical findings, labs, and test results. The APP will order appropriate interventions, diagnostic tests, and medications. The APP should possess the ability to maintain quality assurance and quality control standards. The APP should be able to implement effective communication skills with both patients and colleagues that demonstrate a commitment to consistently providing an excellent patient experience for every patient. The APP is expected to have the capability of reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
CARDIOLOGY NP or PA:
- Partner with cardiologist and maternal fetal medicine physician to develop a structure for providing individualized care delivery plans for cardio-obstetrics patients in the OP setting.
- Contribute to the development of clinical protocols & SOPs for cardio-obstetrics patients admitted for planned delivery, ensuring a coordinated transition from OP care to delivery.
- Serve as the primary provider seeing new & established postpartum hypertension patients.
- Facilitate the development of clinical pathways for postpartum hypertension patients, as part of a new 4th trimester clinic
- Work alongside cardiologist to provide community education & outreach to raise awareness on the unique needs of women with CV disease.
- Partner with cardiologist in the development & growth of the iSCAD and FMD registry
- Contribute to the development of a quality & outcomes reporting for the program.
- Evaluate new patients, consults and established patients as well as diagnose, treat, and manage common conditions in the cardiovascular population.
- Perform an appropriate history and physical exam, assess, and prepare patient workups and follows core measures for documentation including hospital and 3rd party payer requirements and appropriate patient care.
- Facilitate and order diagnostic studies including echocardiograms, stress tests, MRIs, CTs, and cardiac catheterization if indicated.
- Order appropriate laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explained necessity, preparation, and risks and benefits of scheduled diagnostics and therapeutic procedures to the patient and family.
- Has the ability to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately.
- Participate in evaluations with the primary supervising physician as directed by State laws.
- Maintain BLS (Basic Life Support) certification as well as all licenses and certifications as mandated by the Hospital Credentialing Committee.
- Exhibits respect for others by displaying a positive, courteous attitude at all times.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-services, and continuing education for job related growth.
- Shifts: 1st shift M-F. No call, no weekends.
- Eligible Performance Incentive Bonus annually. $2500 for and 40h for CME.
- Teaching opportunities with students and/or APP Fellows
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS/ACLS Certified.
- Nurse practitioners should have Family Practice NP or Adult NP Certification with desire to work exclusively in the OP setting.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants required with desire to work in the OP setting exclusively.
- +1 years of experience, Cardiology preferred.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.