This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 104488
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Temporary
Department Name: 36071112740501-Administration
Under the direct preceptorship and supervision of assigned clinical staff, the MA Student Tech will support and assist in clinical duties as part of the patient medical care team. Primary duties of this position are: patient rooming, collecting patient vital signs, point of care testing, documentation in the electronic medical record (EHR), maintaining patient flow, stocking exam rooms, assisting with procedures and treatments, communicating with efficiency and verifying that lab, x-ray or procedure reports are available for provider. The MA Student Tech also accurately performs required computer functions including but not limited to medication reconciliation, coding of medical and laboratory procedures, order entry and scheduling of appointments. The MA Student Tech may assist the provider with appropriate patient education and communication to individuals including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required.
2. Current enrollment in final semester of Medical Assisting diploma program at GNTC.
3. Current participation in Medical Assisting internship at a Floyd Primary Care clinical practice site.
1. No experience required beyond clinical experience obtained during clinical rotation of internship at a Floyd Primary Care practice site.
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Must possess ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently.