Director - Nursing - Skilled Nursing Facility - Albemarle, NC
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 103399
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8-5, occasional off shifts
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 43511007731526-Nursing Administration
The Director - Nursing - Skilled Nursing Facility plans, organizes, directs, and facilitates the clinical operations of all households to ensure the regulatory compliance. Nurtures a culture of person-centered and resident direction, strengthens the ability of households to grow as separate effective homes, and promotes individual and team learning. Ensures the clinical operations are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations, the nurse practice act of the state and professional standards of nursing care while honoring person-centered and resident directed care.
- Provides knowledge and skills to team members in all households, assuring that the households have the needed resources to be successful.
- Assures the hiring, orientation, training and evaluation of all team members cross-trained is adequate to support quality outcomes.
- Monitors record keeping and charting in all households and by maintaining files to document compliance.
- Monitors household participation in quality improvement measurements to ensure quality outcomes.
- Performs professional audits and observations to confirm the competency of all household guides and household team members.
- Offers expertise and guidance to all household coordinators, household guides, and all household team members.
- Develops and maintains a library of materials, suggestions, and supplies that encourage a good daily life.
Must have good oral communication skills. Requires full range of body motion including bending, stooping, prolonged standing and walking.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current RN license in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license required in the state where the RN works.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association.
- Minimum five years nursing management experience required, preferably three years of recent experience in a skilled nursing or retirement community. BSN required, MSN, MHA, MPH or equivalent preferred.
- Gerontological nursing certification preferred.