Coordinator - Pre-Grant/Contracts - Atrium Health Neurology FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 103662
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 55541005032871-Neurology
Collaborates with investigators, scientific team members and leaders to coordinate the
preparation, processing and submission of grant proposals and Clinical Trial Agreements. Ensures submissions are in compliance with agency and institutional policies. Interprets grant and contract requirements/regulations and funding agency guidelines. Prepares, analyzes, and revises detailed proposal budgets; prepares in-depth projections of salaries, benefits, procedural/supply costs and overhead. Advises investigators on regulations, guidelines, and deadlines for proposal submissions, staying cognizant of current changes and trends in federal and sponsor regulations that impact the pre-award aspect of grant & clinical trial submission process.
- Reviews and completes pre-award financial activities for department approved clinical trials including but not limited to request/creation of Medicare Coverage Analysis, creation of internal cost budget following organizational policies and clinical trial billing regulations.
- Negotiates clinical trial budget and payment terms associated with clinical trial protocols and protocol amendments.
- Serves as a liaison between clinical teammates, investigators, sponsors/CROs, and Central Research Offices.
- Provides weekly updates on clinical trial budget & agreements in pre-activation phase and at time of receipt of protocol amendments.
- Gathers information from Clinical Trial protocol and/or agreement for execution of sub-contract with external vendors.
- Completes pre-award grants administration process in accordance with federal
- Provides leadership to ensure effective and efficient grant & clinical trial budget development.
- Manages grant application process including completion of pre-submission
- documentation, preparation of accurate application package, approval of budget,
- coordination of submission to central office and funding agency, and tracking of
- final proposal.
- Resolves complex, sensitive, and other non-routine issues related to grant/Clinical Trial administration & contract negotiation.
- Gathers information from a variety of federal, state and private granting agencies.
- Interprets grant and contract requirements, funding agency guidelines and billing compliance requirements.
- Provides consultation and technical services to support faculty and team
- members in developing internal & external grant proposals that support the mission and
- Prepares monthly monitoring reports for department to include upcoming
- proposal deadlines, report deadlines and other administrative renewals.
- Coordinates with the Office of Grants and Contracts/Sponsored Programs regarding grant requests from faculty and team members.
- Advises leadership/faculty of grant funding programs/opportunities. Reviews and disseminates information from sponsor's regarding deadlines.
- Ensures on-time submission of necessary documentation and monitors electronic
- submission processes. Maintains archives on submitted external proposals and
- Oversees establishment of new awards, reviews new grants and awards for
- compliance and requirements. Serves as a liaison between department and other
- units on all pre-award matters.
Requires periods of standing, sitting, walking, and some light lifting.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required. 4 to 6
years of directly related experience required.