This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 103184
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5 Weekdays
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340919-Accounting - Regional and Subsidiary
Oversees the financial administration of sponsored projects in accordance with sponsor guidelines and institutional policy. Prepares financial analyses and reports for internal and external reporting purposes. Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment, and scope which include analyzing accounts and reports, preparing journal entries, submitting invoices, review of assigned sponsored programs, and general inquiry resolution. Engages in trouble-shooting problem areas and makes recommendations for improving and implementing procedures.
- Explains accounting information to non-accountants in an effective manner and interacts with research team members.
- Works accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with many assignments subject to critical deadlines that must be achieved.
- Works independently or with teammates with minimal supervision. Possesses the ability to seek out ways to improve processes and measure inefficiencies.
- Reviews and understands government circulars and regulations related to research grants and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Reviews and understands assigned awards to ensure adherence to reporting schedules, requirements, and requests.
- Identifies Federal and State grants that are required to be reported in accordance with the OMB Circular A-133 as part of the annual audit.
- Ensures maximum utilization of federal and state grant funding.
- Creates and maintains reconciliation spreadsheets of general ledger activities.
- Prepares A-133 audit folders for assigned awards and assists as needed with annual audit.
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.