Senior Vice President - Area President - West (Greater Charlotte Market))
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 104084
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342318-Executive Recruitment
The Area President reports to the Group Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Greater Charlotte Region and serves as the leader for their Area’s development and day to day operations of key facilities in each Area. The Area President develops area focused business plans and forecasts and executes upon them in support of overall Advocate Health enterprise-wide strategies and priorities.
- Primary focus on strategy development and execution in areas of Growth, Value and Affordability, understanding the area dynamics and full continuum care delivery.
- Assesses the needs of internal and external communities and participates in the development of long-range health care planning for Advocate Health, reflecting local community.
- Develops a sound business plan which includes development of goals and tactics to achieve annual and long-term financial objectives and growth strategies aligned to the Area and Advocate Health.
- Responsible for the financial and operating performance of the area and facility.
- Ensures coordination of operations by area consistent with the goals of Advocate and works with leadership, area management teams, community, and the medical staff to continuously improve patient care, customer service, financial performance, and operational excellence.
- Challenges the organization to evaluate existing business units and make necessary changes to improve quality, service and profitability.
- Promotes creativity and innovation around area development, program improvement/ enhancements and facility operations.
- Comprehend financial performance in fee for service and value world.
- Ensures compliance with standards and requirements established by regulatory and certifying agencies.
- Master’s Degree required
- RN/MD/DO training all considered but not required
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility and influence with recognizably successful and innovative hospital system in a highly contested healthcare area
- Experience leading and growing complex healthcare organizations
- Track record of P&L management success and growing business in a profitable manner
- Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Envisions and Enacts the Future
- Connects and Collaborates Across Advocate Health
- Builds and Leads High Performing Leadership Teams
- Understand and Shapes the External Environment
- Builds Talent for and Across the Enterprise